This guide will bring your work with older adults to the next level by dispelling 5 common myths professionals have about older adults
Fact 1: Ageism is harmful
- Learn 3 definitions of ageism and how to identify and correct ageist beliefs
Fact 2: Dementia is not a normal part of aging
- Learn the facts about dementia in older adulthood. Knowing the truth about dementia will position you as an expert on aging.
Fact 3: Mental health conditions are highly treatable in older adults
- Depression and anxiety are NOT normal with aging, but ARE the most prevalent mental health conditions among older adults. Good news: Depression and anxiety are highly treatable among older adults. Knowing the facts will empower you and the older adults you're helping.
Fact 4: Older adults continue to enjoy intimacy
- Intimacy benefits mood, cognitive function, health, and happiness in older adults. Learn more about the benefits of intimacy.
Fact 5: Older adults are diverse
- Older adults are diverse and have multiple intersecting identities, just like you and I do: age, gender, sexual orientation, social class, ability...you get the idea. Get access to the best aging and diversity resources in this guide.