I provide two types of evaluations:
- Comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations: Most appropriate for clients who have significant concerns about their memory and thinking abilities, this evaluation includes an interview with the client and a family member lasting approximately one hour, during which I gather information about the client’s concerns, medical and psychological history, and background information such as education and work history. The interview is followed by 3-6 hours of memory and cognitive testing, depending on the client’s age and the nature of their concerns. Tests are mostly be in paper-and-pencil format, but a few tests might be on a computer.
- Brief memory screenings: These are “check-ups” for clients who would like to have a broad overview of their cognitive status but do not have major memory or cognitive concerns. As we grow older, this type of screening can help to identify and treat memory and cognitive problems before they become more severe. I spend approximately 30-45 minutes interviewing the client and a family member to gather brief information about any cognitive concerns, medical and psychological history, and background information such as education and work history. I then spend approximately one hour of testing that will help me identify any areas that might require more detailed assessment. This type of screening can be repeated over time to track changes in thinking abilities over the years.
For both types of evaluations, clients will attend a second session during which they will receive feedback on the results of the assessment and a copy of the report that summarizes the evaluation. I provide detailed recommendations for medical and psychological follow-up as needed. I also provide educational information about brain-healthy behaviors and resources to achieve a brain-healthy lifestyle.
- Assessment - Brief memory screening
- Assessment - Capacity: Financial Decision Making
- Assessment - Capacity: Independent Living
- Assessment - Capacity: Medical Decision Making
- Assessment - Neuropsychological (e.g., formal dementia evaluation)
- Therapy - Individual
|Street Address||10 N Clarendon Ave, STE B|
|City, State||Avondale Estates, GA|
|State(s) of Licensure||Georgia|